Essence Type: Individual Flower Essence
Flower Color: red
Flower Essence Description
If we have subconscious or unexpressed feelings that erupt in uncontrolled ways, Ocotillo gives insight into and acceptance of our emotions without feeling victimized by them.
- responding rather than reacting to emotionally charged events
- insight into and acceptance of emotions
- shielding and protection
- trust in the knowledge that we are unconditionally loved, protected and guided
- soothing, calming and grounding
- in touch with unconditional loving support
- able to feel emotions and not be victimized by them
- finding a deep sense of security and acceptance within yourself
- allowing actions to spring from love and not obligation
- being able to respond to situations rather than reactive
Patterns of Imbalance
- subconscious or unexpressed feelings that erupt in uncontrolled ways
- emotionally reactive
- feeling victimized by your emotions
How to use and related questions
- What are flower essences?
- How are flower essences used?
- How long do I need to take a flower essence?
- How many flower essences can I use at the same time?
- Other frequently asked questions
Ocotillo is related to the following keywords:
• acceptance • compulsive • defensive • erupt • insecurity • irresponsible • jealous • needy • obligated • overreact • reactive • respond • responsible • security • subconscious • transmutation • trust • victim • fear • non-reactive • service • adolescence • powerless • selfless • emotional expression
Ocotillo is mentioned in the following core-issue articles:
- Flower Essences for Adolescents
- erupt in uncontrollably strong emotional reactions (with Violet Curls)
- Using Flower Essences with Children
- erupt in uncontrollably strong emotional reactions
- The Core Issue: Emotional Overwhelm
- emotionally reactive; intense emotional eruptions that are sourced in something from the past and not from a present situation
- The Core Issue: Insecurity
- Brings us a sense of security and confidence that we will be able to handle our powerful emotions, even when they are sudden and mysterious.
- The Core Issue: Emotional Reactivity
- subconscious or unexpressed feelings which erupt in uncontrolled ways
- The Core Issue: Subconscious Causations
- for when old, subconscious feelings erupt, provoked by a situation in the present; feeling out of control or victimized by your feelings
Ocotillo is part of the following series or practitioner kits:
- Individual Essences Kit
This kit contains our full line of 119 individual flower essences, all of which are described in depth in The Alchemy of the Desert – Fourth Edition.
- Applied Physiology Kit
This kit is a set of 30 selected Desert Alchemy® flower essences that form an integral part of the healing program pioneered by Richard Utt, founder of the original Institute of Applied Physiology in Tucson, Arizona.