Essence Type: Individual Flower Essence
Flower Color: white
Flower Essence Description
Desert Sumac helps us transform the pain of loneliness and separation by seeing beyond the superficial differences in people. It is for those who feel they are on the outside looking in in social relationships.
- helps heal the pain of separation and loneliness through awakening your ability to perceive the beauty in life and in people
- seeing beyond the superficial differences among people to contact that “soul level” wherein your essential humanity and oneness with life is experienced
- helpful in any context where there is an intention to deepen the attunement and connection between yourself and another
- expands and opens the personality to radiate and receive human warmth and affection
- evokes an attitude of thankfulness and joy in being alive
- helps when you are perceiving others in a negative light by changing that perspective to viewing others from your unconditionally loving heart
- breaks down useless old walls that once protected but now wall you in
- knowing that “so little is so much”
- blooming in even the most desolate of times
- prosperity, abundance
Patterns of Imbalance
- loneliness, isolation, separation
- feeling disconnected from people and the world
- a sense of being on the outside looking in in your social relationships
- contraction and withdrawal into yourself
- feeling a lack of abundance
How to use and related questions
- What are flower essences?
- How are flower essences used?
- How long do I need to take a flower essence?
- How many flower essences can I use at the same time?
- Other frequently asked questions
Desert Sumac is related to the following keywords:
• abundance • affection • beauty • differences • disconnected • humanity • isolation • lack • loneliness • joy • negative • prosperity • separateness • shame • social • superficial • thankfulness • relationship • unsociability • warm • withdrawal • empathy • cynicism • appreciative • participate • remote • unconditional love
Desert Sumac is mentioned in the following core-issue articles:
- Using Flower Essences with Children
- feel lonely and cut off from others
- The Core Issue: Emotional/Mental Self-Care
- Helps you see beyond the superficial differences between people to connect with the heart essence
- The Core Issue: Isolation
- a sense of being "on the outside looking in" in your social relationships; unsociable
- Using Flower Essences with Pets and Other Animals
- For pets that were abused or mal-treated, this essence helps them build trust and a sense of connection to people.
- The Core Issue: Separateness
- a sense of being "on the outside looking in" in your social relationships
- The Core Issue: Recovery from Traumatic Experiences
- isolating yourself from family and friends
Desert Sumac is part of the following series or practitioner kits:
- Individual Essences Kit
This kit contains our full line of 119 individual flower essences, all of which are described in depth in The Alchemy of the Desert – Fourth Edition.
- Flower Card Kit
A selection of 78 of our individual flower essences that correspond to the set of 78 flower cards (sold separately).
The above information is an excerpt of the book The Alchemy of the Desert - Second Edition by Cynthia Athina Kemp Scherer. Please refer to that book for in-depth information about this flower essence.