Essence Type: Individual Flower Essence
Flower Color: pink
Flower Essence Description
Dogbane helps us to access the courage to follow our rebellious instincts, what is an important part of growth and change. It is for the fear that our rebellion will hurt or damage others, and the fear that we cannot take care of ourselves if we leave home. This is the essence to support self-confidence.
- accessing the courage to follow your rebellious instincts
- accessing the courage to leave home
- letting yourself shine without being worried about how others respond to you
- excellent if you repressed your instincts to rebel as a teenager
- overcoming the fear of hurting others when that fear is based upon codependency
Patterns of Imbalance
- denying your natural radiance or gifted self
- desire to leave home but fear that others will not be able to get along without you
- fear of not being able to care for yourself if you leave home
- fear of rebelling, especially from your parents or family
- fear that your rebellion will hurt, or in some way damage, your family or loved ones
How to use and related questions
- What are flower essences?
- How are flower essences used?
- How long do I need to take a flower essence?
- How many flower essences can I use at the same time?
- Other frequently asked questions
Dogbane is related to the following keywords:
Dogbane is mentioned in the following core-issue articles:
- Flower Essences for Adolescents
- need to rebel but are afraid to
- The Core Issue: Boundaries
- Codependent fear of hurting others if you follow your own path; fear of rebelling
Dogbane is part of the following series or practitioner kits:
- Individual Essences Kit
This kit contains our full line of 119 individual flower essences, all of which are described in depth in The Alchemy of the Desert – Fourth Edition.
The above information is an excerpt of the book The Alchemy of the Desert - Second Edition by Cynthia Athina Kemp Scherer. Please refer to that book for in-depth information about this flower essence.