using flower essences for uncovering what is most important
Residential Retreat in the Desert
from October 28 to November 2, 2018
in Tucson, Arizona, USA
with Cynthia Athina Kemp Scherer
This retreat is an opportunity to spend time simply focusing on yourself and your relationship with the desert. The purpose of the workshop is to explore flower essences that help you recognize how you become attached to things that are not important, and uncover what is most essential to you at any given moment.
The desert has a special way of changing your focus from what distracts you to seeing what is essential to your life. The very nature of this unique environment can allow you to drop what doesn’t really matter and help you see what does.
Essential means the essence of what is important. When you use flower essences with the intention of finding the essential, you can uncover what is important in any aspect of your life, and enhance the qualities that support you naturally. We will explore flower essences that support the process of allowing inessential things to fade away and the essential ones to come forward.
The retreat will include workshop sessions, time alone attuning to desert plants, group experiences in the desert, and daily meditation and contemplation.
We will focus on flower essences for navigating conscious and unconscious influences to find what is meaningful in your life for:
- understanding yourself and what you want
- uncovering the root of a healing issue and seeing where to focus to be most effective
- understanding relationships and overcoming a tendency to be more focused on others and lose sight of what is most essential for yourself
- clearly seeing what is most important in making decisions
Everything is provided for you in this residential retreat, including ground transportation* to and from the retreat center from Tucson International Airport, three meals and snacks each day, accommodation in double or single rooms (subject to availability), and tuition for the workshop. The workshop is given in English with translation into Portuguese.
*Note: Ground transportation from Tucson International Airport to retreat center on October 28, and from the retreat center to the airport on November 2.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Spend time with desert plants in their native environment
- Attune with plants, the desert, and with yourself
- Experience the healing power of the desert in a safe and protected
- Contemplate, meditate, and optionally share with others
- Gain a deeper understanding of desert flower essences
Sunday, October 28, to Friday, November 2, 2018
The retreat begins at 4:00 pm on Sunday, October 28, and ends after breakfast on Friday, November 2.
The retreat will be held at the Redemptorist Renewal Center at Picture Rocks in Tucson, Arizona, USA.
- Redemptorist Renewal Center
- 7101 W Picture Rocks Rd
Tucson AZ 85743
Early Bird Registration Fees
- Lodging in single occupancy room: $1740
- Lodging in double occupancy room: $1580
- Commuter with all meals: $1320
- Commuter with lunch only: $1220
Registration Fees After May 28, 2018
- Lodging in single occupancy room: $1860
- Lodging in double occupancy room: $1680
- Commuter with all meals: $1380
- Commuter with lunch only: $1260
Registrations with lodging include:
- Tuition for the flower essence workshop.
- Accommodation in rooms of double occupancy (single occupancy rooms are subject to availability, for the single occupancy rate above). All rooms have their own bathroom.
- Lunch and dinner on Sunday, all meals Monday thru Thursday, breakfast on Friday, plus snacks each day. Special dietary needs are accommodated.
- Ground transportation from Tucson International Airport to the retreat center on October 28.
- Ground transportation from the retreat center to Tucson International Airport on November 2.
Commuter registrations include:
- Tuition for the flower essence workshop.
- The “lunch only” option includes lunch Monday thru Thursday, and snacks each day.
- The “all meals” option includes: dinner on Sunday, three meals Monday thru Thursday, and snacks each day.
- Special dietary needs are accomodated.
How to Register
This workshop is limited to a small number of participants. Early registration is recommended.
To register, please complete this registration form,
or call us at 800-296-5488, Monday – Thursday, 10 AM to 5 PM MST (GMT -7).
Registration cancellations received on or before September 28, 2018 will receive a refund of the amount paid minus 10%. After September 28, 2018 the registration fee is no longer refundable. You may want to consider purchasing travel protection insurance to reimburse you in case of emergencies that may force you to cancel or interrupt your trip.
Cynthia Athina Kemp Scherer is an experienced flower essence practitioner, researcher, and founder of Desert Alchemy. In 1983, Cynthia was inspired by nature to begin co-creating and researching flower essences from the unique and powerful environment of the Arizona deserts. Her relationship to nature fostered deep healing experiences that provided the foundation for her years of research.
Since 1986, one of Cynthia’s great loves has been sharing in workshops about her experiences in using flower essences and her ever-deepening relationship with nature.
Feedback from Previous Retreats
I loved the flow between lecture and visiting the desert. I loved the topics of conversation and the organization of the lectures. I loved the chanting and meditation. I loved the place. I loved the way the day was organized in terms of study times and breaks. It was utterly wonderful. This is a very transformative and sacred retreat. Cynthia is one of the most wonderful teachers I have ever had the honor of studying with. She invokes incredible spiritual presence. Her talks are organized, informative, and profound. My consciousness and heart are always changed by her classes. Being at the Redemptorist Retreat Center is magical, delicious food, and beautiful grounds.
~ B.B., San Diego, California
The experiential attunements in the desert create a unique personal experience to more fully feel the plants. The organized structure helps you clarify the the various areas of listening and the movie clips are quite helpful to see “essence in action” and provide a fun break from the lecture material, which is also fun.
~ A.K. California